Skip to main content
Asked a question 9 months ago

I'm ready to start the application process and looking for agencies close to me. I'm in Alamitos, San Jose. Thank you.

Where am I?

In Surrogacy Forum you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Randi Caporale
Program Manager & 5x Surrogate

Hi Lucia, 

We, BFI, are located in Southern California. I am not familiar with an agency in San Jose but we have worked with clinics and couples in your area. Missi makes some really good points! Let me know if I can help in any way. :)

Missi Lockwood
VP Operations at Fertility Source Companies

Hi Lucia,

Congratulations on your decision to begin a surrogacy journey!  I wanted to elaborate on your proximity to the agency you choose.  Many agencies work with Intended Parents and Surrogates from across the United States.  There are also international IPs who travel to the U.S. to work with a surrogate/agency.  In this day and age, all of the agency's work is done over the phone, email, and text.  You'll have full support from your Case Manager throughout the journey and rest-assured you are in good hands!  Three of our staff members have been surrogates previously and have extensive knowledge to help you every step of the way.

The surrogacy application process is done online and here at Fertility SOURCE Companies, we would screen you before being matched with IPs.  Screening includes a psychological  evaluation with a mental health professional (during COVID-19, this will likely be a video meeting), an insurance review (if applicable), and a background check for yourself and any adult living in our home.  

When it comes time to match, your profile is shared with IPs and vice versa.  Our program director looks at things that are important to both you and IPs before introducing you a possible match.  A match meeting takes place where you can get to know each other and if everyone agrees, we confirm the match with paperwork and get you started by meeting with the fertility doctor for a medical evaluation.

There is a lot of information to process when learning about surrogacy.  I recommend going with your gut and finding an agency that makes you feel comfortable and well-informed :)

Best wishes!

Missi Lockwood